Monday, May 13, 2013

Blog 24: Exit Interview Questions

1. My essential question is, "How can a producer best support the success of a talk radio show?" My best answer to my EQ is creating quality content that uses various creative techniques and keeps away from any kind of profanity.When compared to my two other answers, which are "Using the proper recording technology to attain high quality audio" and "Extending a show's content to talk show lengths", creating quality content is the most essential. Attaining a high quality audio by using the right equipment properly is easily done, and being able to create or think of content for a talk radio formatted show can easily be done only if you can create quality content. Creating quality content is most supportive because you need content that can catch and keep the audience's attention. You can extend time for a talk show, but if it's poor in entertainment or informational value, then it is useless and it keeps away potential listeners. By creating quality content that appeals to your target audience, listeners will want to keep listening and will feel engaged because the show appeals to them. Any content free of profanity is not only higher in entertainment quality, but it is also free of any issues from the FCC. FCC fines can be expensive, and some shows can have listeners with young children. Some listeners may be turned away if a show has any profanity that their children may be exposed to.

2. My process in finding my best answer would be going through all my research checks, combined with the support of my mentorship and interviews. My research helped me find many answers, but only a few were considered universal in radio broadcasting and talk radio production. My interviews with my mentors gave me a real-life perspective on what goes into talk radio production. I knew I had found my answers when my mentors made it clear as to what's essential for production. The three best answers always came up with my interviews, so I knew that my research and my mentorship had gone hand-in-hand all along. While working

3. Some problems that arose at the beginning of the year were in regards to my mentorship. My original summer component mentor took too long to get back to me to find a new time to shadow and volunteer. I had fallen under NC rules because I took too long to get 10 hours done after the first few weeks of school. What I had done to resolve this issue was to start finding a new mentorship right away, because my previous mentorship wouldn't work well with my project's demand and requirements. It took a while, because many stations wouldn't allow underage volunteers. It was up until January that I found a church that had a radio program that send its content to a local Christian station. It was then that I had decided to work there, because it fit my projects demands and my schedule.

4. My two most significant sources of information would be the Radio Academy podcasts from BBC London and my mentorship at Calvary Chapel Montebello. These were most significant because the podcasts that I was using for research gave me really good insight from professionals who are currently in the radio industry or who have already retired and now work behind the scenes or share their experiences. My mentorship allowed me to see my best answers being  put to use, as well as being able to learn with hands-on experience. I was able to put my answers to the test at mentorship and by doing so, I got to see how production has a great effect on an audience.

5. My final product would be that I know how to create and produce a talk show using various creative techniques. I know how to brainstorm for talk show content, as well as being able to write a radio script and executing a radio show. My mentorship and research taught me all these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment