Monday, May 20, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship

Literal:

My mentorship log and hours

My contacts: Roland Lew or Matt Marquez (323) 724-8464

Interpretive:

The most important thing I gained from my mentorship would be the hands-on work experience I attained. I was able to put the knowledge I had attained from my research to practice. I was also very proud of being able to work with real equipment while broadcasting a live show. It helped me learn a lot about my answers and understand why my three best answers are the best. I was also able to help out my community and my church with all the different volunteer events, while working on my senior project. I also found my best answer through my mentorship because my mentors showed me how creating quality content can attain and keep an audience. I also learned how to sound mix during a live musical performance, which I never expected to learn. I had a great time because I learned a lot about musical equipment and how it interacts with broadcasting equipment.

Applied:

It helped me answer my EQ by allowing me to attain a hands-on work experience. I learned a lot about my 3 answers by being able to see them put to practice or using them myself during a live broadcast. I also learned a lot about what it takes to run and support a successful talk show. I learned that by having an entertaining show that informs or teaches people at the same time, people will be very receptive to your message. I also learned about my 2 other answers, which were "attaining high quality audio recordings" and "extending content for a talk show". By having a high quality audio, people who already listen to you on a daily or weekly basis will keep listening because of your consistency. New listeners will also want to, at the very least, listen to you once because you were able to keep a loud and clear communication. I attained this knowledge through my live production work. Also, by extending content for talk show standards, you can reach the target audience you have in mind (which are talk show listeners) and create your content so that it can be as informative and concise as possible. I learned this through interviews with my mentors' interviews and my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment