Friday, May 31, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection

1. Positive statement: One thing that I'm really proud of doing throughout my senior project is my final product that I attained through my mentorship. I was really satisfied with the audio production skills I had attained through the training I received throughout the few months I worked at Calvary Chapel Montebello. I also enjoyed being able to do so much with the research I had attained throughout the year by using it in real life applications.

2.

Part A: I would give myself an AP for the 2 hour presentation.
Part B: I would give myself a P-/AP+ for the overall senior project.

3. What worked really well was the 3 column chart. I thought it was very helpful in writing the I-Search paper. It was also very helpful because it allowed me to organize my thoughts and presentation. My 3 column chart also reminded me of the in-depth research that backed up all my answers, which gave me more content to use in my presentation.

4. I would have found a mentorship a lot more sooner, so that I could spend more time attaining answers and content for my presentation. I would also try to attain more significant data for my science fair project, so not only that I could improve my report, but also use it for my 2 hour presentation.

5. The senior project was very helpful towards my future plans. I've attained an idea of what it's like to work in a real life station, so I know what work is expected of me. I really enjoyed the work I did in mentorship, so I do plan on continuing my work in radio production. I hope to do more work with radio once I go into college, but also find more research and information on how radio ties in with journalism. I really love journalism, and especially news radio, so it might be another potential topic I might explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment